Provides leadership, direction and coordination of the activities of the association.
- Presiding at all general and management committee meetings
- act as a signatory for the association in all legal and financial purposes
- serve as official spokesperson when required
- work with the committee to ensure the necessary skills are represented and that a succession plan is in place to help find new committee members when required
- oversee development of relevant policies, strategic and business plans in order to achieve the goals of the association
- ensure that a member from the management committee is duly represented as chairperson on all designated specialist subcommittees formed within the association
- prepare an AGM agenda in consultation with other committee office bearers